Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I know...

Yes, it as been almost a decade since I last blogged and Yes, I know that no one ever read my blog or cares if I update it or not but I am proclaiming for the mere action of proclaiming that I will HOPEFULLY, now be blogging more often. I really enjoy writing a lot and I do my best to keep a daily journal but I would love to share some of my expierences here on the worldwide web!!

With all this being said, I thought for my first topic as I attempt to revive my blog and blogging expierences I would fill in anyone who cares/doesn't know what I have been up to lately. As of two or three weeks ago, I am now a college student!! Yep, that's right. I'm on my own, responsible and can dress myself! I honestly love it. It is awesome to be responsible for things and to "live on my own." I have learned many lessons already and am positive more are to come. It is interesting to have to wake yourself up and drag yourself to class and make sure you have everything you need. There is definitely no mother or father telling you what to do. But this is good. I feel like this is a good time in life to learn this lesson and it truly does teach responsibility. I must say that all these wise and experienced high school teachers try a bit too hard to scare responsibility into you with the whole college sermon. They make it out to sound like an almost unachievable task and it isn't that bad. You gotta take life as it comes and learn from mistakes AND successes! The school part has been good and I am learning to manage my time a little bit better than I did before. I am also participating in cross country and am so glad I made the choice to further my running at the college level. It is really exciting and motivating when there are 8 other guys who work just as hard and desire the same success you do in the sport. I am learning new things about running and feel like I'm in better shape than ever before.

So there is a short overview of what I've been doing and where I'm at in my life. Hope you enjoyed and talk to ya soon!

1 comment:

cindy said...

Very nice! And I feel somewhat of an acheivment myself knowing you can dress yourself (lol). Keep up the good work taking life as it comes. I know you'll have much success....I've always known that about you! Love you and miss you and whenever you need us we will be here. Mom