Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

I can't believe this year is seriously over. I would say its been a good one for me. So i'm celebrating my new year at home on the computer. Loser, i know. But I thought I'd write and tell what I'd like to see change for this upcoming year in my life.
  • The first thing I want to be (after all, new years resolutions seem to usually be a desire and not much more, anyways...) different is my walk with Christ. It seems like the tail end of this year, I've been weary and not very close to Christ. It's slipped from a priority in my life and I notice it daily with my struggles. On this note, I find it amazing how our magnificient Creator works in our lives. He teaches us and rather wakes us up through the most unique and beautiful ways and/or people. I love it.
  • My second earth-shattering resolution is to read more. I've just recently been slapped in the head and started reading more and I love it. I am going to committ much more of my time to sticking my nose in a good book.
  • My third resolution is to get my butt back into shape. Track is approaching rapidly and I've had a prolonged, lackadaisical break since cross country. So I plan to up my training and kick it in gear.

So those are my resolutions and please do anything in your power to motivate me. Haha. Good luck with all your resolutions and a very happy new year to all!



1 comment:

edie said...

Andrew,
Funny how your list looks a little like mine. So here's where I stand: 1 week behind on running, 4 chapter behind on reading, 2 days behind on bible study, and there's plenty of 'loitering' goin' on in my laundry room. So how you doing?

Love ya! And BBQ ribs on Monday and beef enchilada soup on Tuesday.