Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Favorite Entertainer

I have a hard time saying I have one favorite entertainer. To pin it down to just one actor, comedian or artist is seriously impossible. So since I want to get a good grade on this assignment I will choose one of my favorite entertainers who does it all...Donald Glover.



Donald Glover is an actor, writer, comedian and musician. He's truly talented at all of these and it explains why he has become so successful. Being a music lover, I first fell in love with his hip-hop music. I first heard his music when my friend Jay shared his Adele sampled song "Do Ya Like" at poker night. He was giving away his album "Culdesac" and "Fall" E.P. at the time and I downloaded them immediately. I previously had not really been into hip-hop but his music and lyrics are so creative it was hard not to appreciate.


 He raps under the name Childish Gambino and you can hear his music in the video below or on soundcloud. I definitely recommend buying his latest album "Camp" even if rap and hip-hop isn't your thing.  
He was a writer for The Daily Show in 2005 and the NBC series 30 Rock from 2006 to 2009, where he also had an occasional cameo appearance. He began acting with these cameos but his current role is Troy on the NBC comedy series "Community." Glover also performed for a Comedy Central Presents where he did his hilarious stand up


Glover is a talented entertainer who hasn't disappointed me yet. I've enjoyed his music, stand-up, writing and acting. I can guarantee you will be seeing his name.



No comments: