Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Literature

Lately in my Honors English class(might have well taken A.P. sheesh!) we've been reading excerpts from different classic novels and I have actually truly enjoyed a couple. The homework load has been death-defying but all in all I've read some true classics. My friends and I joke that Mrs. Scarlett somehow manages to still dominate us even though she has not even been here this week(keep her in your prayers btw). Anyhow, I thought I'd list some of the books we've read that I'd suggest and plan to finish off later.

Here you go:
  • Ernest Hemingway's "To Have and Have Not"--a truely manly novel that brings out the gruesome, beastly man within.
  • John Stienbeck's "East of Eden"--OMG! So goooooood. Draws you in even though you feel like you're reading filth(contrast good and evil so....)
  • Erich Maria Remarque's "All Quiet on the Western Front"--an awesome war novel that gives you amazing insight into what war is truly like for soldiers. Good manly read as well.

So there are a few classic that I've expierenced thus far but I hope you might pick one of these up and let me know what you think.

No comments: