Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intro Wednesday // Among Savages

I love this haircut.
It's wednesday! Halfway through the week. Woo! This means it is Intro Wednesday and this means I am gonna introduce to you guys another artist (one person claps).

So today I am sharing an artist by the name of Among Savages. He is an unsigned artist out of Nashville, which always makes me happy, being so close to Nashville. His music can definitely be described as indie and maybe a little experimental. Lots of strings and piano, sweet and poetic lyrics. I am drawn to the full sound of his songs. The mix is full of all sorts of instruments. If this doesn't give you any idea what he sounds listen down below or go to his facebook music page. To maybe give you a better idea his page claims his influences as Bjork, Little Dragon, Miike Snow, Richard Ashcroft, Radiohead, and Disney. His music is full of expression and the lyrics tell great stories that seem to fit perfect with the music.


He released his first full length album in January and it is called Wanderings of an Illustrative Mind. You can grab it at the bottom of my page in my store.


This is the opening track and one of my favorites so far. Hope you enjoy and tell me what you think!